JOIN US SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022
Every step you take. Every dollar you raise.
Serves a veteran who has served us.
Saturday, June 11, 2022
Virtually RUN.WALK.RIDE alongside veterans and military families, community supporters, pro bono attorneys, and CVLC staff to remove legal barriers and advance veteran inclusion.
How It Works
- Run Your Race At Your Pace. Run, walk, jog or bike ... you choose how to complete your distance within the time period. Track your time against other virtual racers using Strava App.
- Commit to Impact. As a racer, you will commit to raising $200 for our veterans, but most racers raise almost $600! For every dollar you raise, CVLC generates $20 in tangible benefits for veterans. Now that's IMPACT.
- Build Your Team. With a virtual race, anyone from anywhere can join your team! Challenge your friends and family to join you or set up a company team to help raise awareness.
- Who Could Forget the Prizes. As if RUNNNING. WALKING. RIDING. for our veterans wasn't enough ... we'll also give you great prizes when you raise $200, $500, and $1000+.
Why It Matters
Connecticut Veterans Legal Center is the FIRST legal aid organization in the NATION to establish a medical-legal partnership with the VA to serve low-income veterans recovering from homelessness and mental illness, such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), overcome legal barriers to housing, healthcare and income.
- 40% of homeless women veterans have faced military sexual trauma
- African Americans make up one-third of Veterans experiencing homelessness; 12% of Veterans overall
- Hispanics account for 11% of Veterans experiencing homelessness; 7% of Veterans overall
- 400,000+ veterans are at-risk of being unjustly turned away for VA healthcare
For every dollar raised, CVLC generates $20 in tangible benefits for our veteran clients.
Learn more about our critical work and veteran victories below.