Join Us in Changing a Veteran's Life
When You Donate...
You help a veteran like “Joe” whose landlord tried to evict him, his wife and children when they complained about substandard living conditions.
His pro-bono counsel knows first-hand that “veterans are very deserving people, often in tragic situations. Just having a lawyer to advocate for them, makes a big difference in the outcomes.”
For Joe and his family, their lawyer got the landlord to withdraw eviction proceedings, which gave Joe time to find a safe, healthy place for his family to live.
For far too many veteran families, winter means their risk of eviction increases. Too many of CT’s most vulnerable veterans are wondering where they and their children will be sleeping.
- Half of all our housing cases are in the winter months
- Housing cases are up 65% over last year
- The average case would cost nearly $4,000 for a private lawyer.
With a median income of $16,000 per year, CVLC clients cannot afford a lawyer and would be out in the cold.
Thanks to our donors, CVLC can provide full representation without passing any costs onto our veteran clients.
- $2,000 provides full CVLC representation for one veteran family
- $500 allows CVLC to match a veteran with a pro bono attorney
- $150 gives one hour of full representation, every hour counts!
- $50 Opens the door for one more veteran referral